E KOMO MAI
Akaku welcomes all community members to use the Akaku channels, facilities, equipment and educational resources. Community members are encouraged to check out our website, give us a call or stop by to discover how they can enjoy and benefit from community media!
- Any Maui County resident may submit a video to air on Akaku channels.
- Any Maui County resident may record a short video during “open mic” sessions, which will be cablecast on Akaku channels.
- Akaku offers a wide range of classes, including field and studio production, video editing, and mobile journalism.
- Certified Community Producers may use Akaku equipment & facilities to produce noncommercial videos and studio shows for airing on Akaku channels, at no charge other than the annual $35 Community Producer fee. (Extended studio time and special production equipment are available at discounted rates.)
- On occasion, Akaku equipment and facilities may be rented to commercial producers or local organizations, subject to availability.
- Akaku offers education programs designed especially for Maui County youth.
- Akaku actively supports Maui County non-profit organizations and provides coverage of many community events. Akaku also cable casts meetings of the Maui County Council and Boards and Commissions.
- Akaku has ongoing internship programs for youth and adults.
- Akaku welcomes volunteers for field and studio productions and administrative support.