We’re excited to bring you the “Aloha Sugar” Video Contest.
2-10 minute video submissions are being accepted for our Aloha Sugar Video Contest. Tell us your stories, ideas, or experiences from Maui Sugar’s Past, Present
“Aloha Sugar” Video Contest
January 22, 2017 to April 1, 2017
333 Dairy Road, Suite 104 Kahului, HI 96732 USA
The #AlohaSugar video contest is accepting video submissions that reflect stories, ideas, or experiences from Maui sugar’s past, present and future.
• Sugar Features are (#sugarfeatures) two to ten minute videos submitted for judging by a panel of experts. Upload your video to: https://filmfreeway.com/festival/AlohaSugar. You may also deliver your video on a USB drive or DVD (MP4 Preferred) to: 333 Dairy Rd. Ste. 104, Kahului, Hawaii.
• Sugar Snaps (#sugarsnaps) are 30-60 second videos shared with @AkakuContest on Instagram (an Instagram account is needed to participate). The video must be made with your phone and the video with the most likes wins! The most popular videos will be featured on AKAKŪ TV
Entry Levels for Sugar Features are:
- Amateur, Under 18 years old
- Amateur, 18 and over
- Professional & Semi Professional (You have been paid for your video services within the last 5 years.)
- EARLYBIRD Submission Entry ($25.00) Submissions AFTER January 22, 2017 and NO LATER than February 19th, 2017
- REGULAR Submission Entry ($35.00) Submissions postmarked AFTER February 19, 2017 and NO LATER than April 1, 2017
- Public Viewing Party is April 22, 2017 at 6:00pm at AKAKŪ Center
Definitions of Categories and Terms:
Format - Sugar Features have 2 options for submission. You can submit your video at: https://filmfreeway.com/festival/AlohaSugar.
333 Dairy Rd. Ste. 104, Kahului, Hawaii.
Sugar Snaps upload to @akakucontest on Instagram (an instagram account is needed to participate).
Accompanying Materials - If you are delivering your video to our studio, please include a printed copy of the Entry Confirmation Form with your submission DVD or USB drive (mp4 preferred). Incomplete entries will not be considered. (https://filmfreeway.com/festival/AlohaSugar) All entries, and accompanying materials, will not be returned and will become the property of “Aloha Sugar” Contest at AKAKŪ.
DVD Labeling - DVDs must be labeled with the video title, running time, contact information (including name, address and phone number). No paper labels please. If delivering your video to Akaku studio, it must accompany our video information form. No video will be received without this information. Fill in form here Delivery Form
Receipt Acknowledgment - Film Freeway will notify the sender by email when the package is received and processed in our system.
Notification - Videos selected for our Viewing Party in all categories will be notified on or about April 15, 2017
Materials - Materials of videos selected for screening become the property of the Aloha Sugar Contest and AKAKŪ: Maui Community Media and can be used to promote the “Aloha Sugar” Contest and the programs of the “Aloha Sugar” Contest in all mediums including video, television, radio, print and the internet.
Contact Information - By providing “Aloha Sugar“ Contest and AKAKŪ: Maui Community Media with your contact information, you agree to receive communication from us including submission confirmations and our email newsletters providing “Aloha Sugar “Contest updates. (Contact information will NOT be sold or shared with third parties)